If you’re not entirely happy with your smile and have daydreamed about what it would be like to have the perfect smile, it may be time to consider a smile makeover. A smile makeover is a combination of several different treatments that can include minor procedures like teeth whitening and procedures that are more involved such as dental implants. With all of the cosmetic and restorative dentistry options available today, it’s possible for almost anyone to receive the smile of their dreams.
For a smile makeover, the dental professional works with you to create a plan that incorporates the cosmetic dentistry treatments that can give you a new smile that complements and emphasizes your best features. The dentist works with you on the design of your perfect smile and explains the various treatments required for a complete smile makeover. Their goal is to ensure that you feel and look your very best.
Ideal candidates for a smile makeover
When a single procedure can’t achieve the perfect smile, a smile makeover is worth considering. An ideal candidate for a smile makeover has healthy gums and teeth and doesn’t suffer from cavities or gum disease. If you currently have issues with tooth decay and gum disease, the dentist must treat these problems first before proceeding with any cosmetic procedures of the smile makeover.
Potential results of a smile makeover
When you’re not sure if a smile makeover is the right solution for you, it helps to understand what the various treatments are capable of correcting. Smile makeover treatments can conceal or correct a range of dental issues including:
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Teeth with gaps
- Irregularly shaped teeth
- Worn or short teeth
- Asymmetrical teeth
- Misaligned, overlapping or crooked teeth
Although the visible improvements of a smile makeover are what most people think about, the results of the treatments are much more than just aesthetic. With a smile makeover, you can feel confident in your new smile and perhaps become more outgoing, which can benefit your professional and personal life in ways you hadn’t imagined.
Treatments used for smile makeover
A dentist can use an entire range of treatment to achieve your ideal smile makeover. These include:
- In-office, professional teeth whitening – Can brighten teeth up to 9 shades in a single visit
- Porcelain veneers – Thin, natural-looking, ceramic shells that mask imperfections such as cracks and chips
- Dental crowns – Tooth-shaped prosthetics that go over misshapen or worn teeth
- Invisalign – Clear, removable, custom aligners that gradually straighten minor alignment issues
- Dental bonding – Resin bonded to teeth that conceal cracks, gaps, and chips
- Gum contouring – Removing excess gum tissue to improve appearance and conformity of smile
Now is the perfect time to begin designing the smile you’ve always dreamed of having. Contact Creative Dental in New Jersey and learn how a smile makeover can improve your smile, boost your oral health, and restore your confidence.