Crowns – Westfield, NJ
Crowns are a viable option when other types of dental restorations such as fillings are unable to restore the integrity or strength of a tooth effectively. Crowns are tooth-shaped coverings that when placed over a tooth, restore its size, strength and shape while improving its appearance. A crown strengthens and protects the tooth underneath by enclosing the areas above and at the gum line.
Porcelain crowns are a top choice because their color resembles that of natural teeth and they match the size and shape of your other teeth. A crown can serve several purposes, including:
- Holding a dental bridge in place
- Covering a dental implant
- Covering a discolored or misshapen tooth
- Protecting a weak or broken tooth
- Restoring a worn or broken tooth
- Covering a large or fractured tooth filling
- Protecting a tooth following a root canal
Having a crown applied generally involves two appointments and the affected tooth requires the same dental care as natural teeth.
Receive the best dental care and crown placement by scheduling an appointment with Creative Dental.