If you feel too embarrassed by the appearance of your teeth to share your smile, dental bonding can restore your confidence by repairing minor dental flaws. Cosmetic dental bonding improves dental proportions, conceals flaws, and can brighten the appearance of stained teeth to transform your smile into one you’re happy to show off.
Dental bonding treatment
During cosmetic dental bonding, your dentist uses a putty-like resin on your teeth to improve dental aesthetics. These dental aesthetics can include masking imperfections and correcting unwanted teeth shape. The dentist colors the bonding resin to match your natural teeth or makes the resin brighter to restore the appearance of teeth that have deep stains. The dentist applies the malleable resin to your tooth’s surface then works with it until it’s the desired shape and size.
When your dentist achieves the desired results, he or she then uses a special light on the resin that hardens and cures the bonding material. After the resin hardens, the dentist shapes and trims the bonded teeth as necessary and polishes them for a vibrant, healthy shine. Dental bonding can take from 30-60 minutes and usually only requires one dental visit.
Common applications of cosmetic dental bonding
Dentists use cosmetic dental bonding to resolve and improve various dental conditions and flaws in patients. The most common applications of dental bonding include:
- Closing gaps between teeth – A faster method than orthodontia, cosmetic bonding closes minor gaps between teeth in as little as one visit.
- Stain treatment – When professional teeth whitening can’t remove deep stains, cosmetic dental bonding can restore the appearance of extremely stained teeth.
- Treating minor decay – Having minor decay on front teeth can be embarrassing and cosmetic dental bonding is a more aesthetic treatment than metal fillings.
- Repairing chips and fractures – Teeth with small chips and minor fractures are vulnerable to decay, and dental bonding restores and repairs damaged teeth.
- Improving misshapen teeth – Jagged, pointy, misshapen teeth are easy to correct with dental bonding.
- Adjusting teeth size – For teeth that are large or small in comparison to others, cosmetic dental bonding is an effective way of adjusting teeth size for a properly proportioned appearance.
Cosmetic dental bonding can restore the healthy condition and appearance of your teeth by repairing minor oral issues. Healthy looking and feeling teeth can give you the confidence to smile proudly again. Learn more about dental bonding and other cosmetic and restorative dental treatments by contacting Creative Dental.